Ceramic Type GOS Scintillators
Scintillators are materials that emit light when excited by radiation, such as X-rays and gamma rays. They are used for various application including CT scanners, security devices and non-destructive testing.
Toshiba Materials develops and manufactures high-light-output and low-decay-time scintillators with our leading technologies for fine ceramics manufacturing and fluorescent material design.
- High light output, low decay-time and low afterglow.
- Flexibility to your design and purpose.
- Contains no toxic or hazardous substances.
- Excellent in humidity resistance.
ceramic type scintillators
|Other scintillator materials|
|Form||Multi crystal||Single crystal||Single crystal|
|Maximum light emission wavelength [nm]||512||480||550|
|Relative light output [-]*1||1.8||1||2|
|Decay time [μs]*2||3||5||1|
|Afterglow at 3ms [%]*1||<0.1||<0.1||1.5|
|Light output temperature coefficient*1||-0.1%/℃||-0.2%/℃||-|
|Environmental safety||Non-pollutive material||Harmful cadmium||Thallium that meets environmental standards|
|Humidity resistance||Yes||Yes||Deliquescence occurs|
ceramic type GOS scintillator materials
- GOS1: Suited to non-destructive testing.
- GOS2: Ideal for products in which a low afterglow is important, such as high-speed scanning devices.
Contact us for more details on purposes, materials, etc.
Examples of uses
- Detectors for line scanning (for security and industrial purposes)
- CT (computed tomography) scanning
- Hand luggage inspection devices
- Non-destructive testing devices