Ceramic Type GOS Scintillators
Scintillators are materials that emit light when they come into contact with radiation such as X-rays and gamma rays. Ceramic type GOS scintillators are used for purposes such as CT scanners, security devices and non-destructive testing.
Toshiba Materials develops and manufactures scintillators with a high sensitivity and low afterglow, using two of our specialties: fine ceramics manufacturing technology and fluorescent material design technology.
- High sensitivity and low afterglow due to short persistence.
- Excellent workability - can be created in your desired shape (1D or 2D) in all sizes to suit your purpose and the photodetectors being used
- No harmful substances such as cadmium or thallium
- Outstanding moisture resistance
ceramic type scintillators
|Other scintillator materials|
|Form||Multicrystal||Single crystal||Single crystal|
|Maximum light emission wavelength [nm]||512||480||550|
|Relative optical output [-]||1.8||1||2|
|Afterglow after 3ms [%]||<0.1||<0.1||1.5|
|Signal temperature coefficient||-0.1%/℃||-0.2%/℃||-|
|Environmental safety||○||Harmful cadmium||Thallium that meets environmental standards|
|Moisture resistance||○||○||Deliquescence occurs|
- * The values above are reference values, and are not guaranteed. The actual values may differ depending on the measurement method.
ceramic type GOS scintillator materials
- GOS1: Suited to non-destructive testing.
- GOS2: Ideal for products in which a low afterglow is important, such as high-speed scanning devices.
Contact us for more details on purposes, materials, etc.
Examples of uses
- Detectors for line scanning (for security and industrial purposes)
- CT (computed tomography) scanning
- Hand luggage inspection devices
- Non-destructive testing devices