Ultra-Low-Temperature Magnetic Materials for Cryogenic Regenerator Matrices
Magnetic regenerator material shows large specific heat peak at ultra-low temperature (in the vicinity of 4K), accompanying magnetic phase transition. By applying our magnetic regenerator material to GM (Gifford-McMahon) refrigerators, it became possible to generate high refrigeration capability at liquid helium temperature (4.2K). If a 4K GM refrigerator is used for superconducting MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), it may be possible to realize “Zero Boil-Off" that eliminates the evaporation of liquid helium.
- Environmentally friendly alternative to lead for cold storage
- High specific heat in environments below 15K with magnetic phase transition
- Spherical powder (average particle diameter 100-300μm) reduces gas pressure loss
- Spherical particles do not deform or pulverize through long-term operation
- Average particle diameter: 100-300μm. Inquire for other particle diameters.
Examples of uses
- MRI diagnostic devices
- Magnetic levitation systems
- Superconductive filters for communication devices
- Superconductive power storage facilities
- Other devices used at ultra-low temperatures (devices for superconducting purposes)
- GM (Gifford-McMahon) cryocoolers
- Pulse tube cryocoolers