Ultra-Low-Temperature Magnetic Materials for Cryogenic Regenerator Matrices
Magnetic regenerator material shows large specific heat peak at ultra-low temperature (in the vicinity of 4K), accompanying magnetic phase transition. By applying our magnetic regenerator material to GM (Gifford-McMahon) refrigerators, it became possible to generate high refrigeration capability at liquid helium temperature (4.2K). Using 4K GM refrigerators for superconductive MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), it is possible to realize "zero boil off", in which the evaporation of liquid helium is zero.
- Environmentally friendly alternative to lead for cold storage
- High specific heat in environments below 15K with magnetic phase transition
- Spherical powder (average particle diameter 100-300μm) reduces gas pressure loss
- Spherical particles do not deform or pulverize through long-term operation
- Average particle diameter: 100-300μm. Inquire for other particle diameters.
Examples of uses
- MRI diagnostic devices
- Magnetic levitation systems
- Superconductive filters for communication devices
- Superconductive power storage facilities
- Other devices used at ultra-low temperatures (devices for superconducting purposes)
- GM (Gifford-McMahon) cryocoolers
- Pulse tube cryocoolers