Silicon nitride ceramics:
Toshiba Materials' silicon nitride ceramic substrates have both heat dissipation and strength.
They are used in electronics fields such as power semiconductor modules, inverters and converters, replacing other insulating materials to increase production output and reduce size and weight.
Their extremely high strength also makes them a key material that increases the life and reliability of the products they are used in.
- Among the best in the world for heat dissipation and strength
- Enables designs involving drilling and screwing or pressure welding, methods that are usually difficult
Typical values for properties
Product specifications (Standard design)
|Item||Unit||Silicon nitride (SiN)|
|External dimensions||mm||Max. 170×130|
|Tolerance||± 0.15mm (laser cut)|
|Warping||mm||0.4% or less (≤50mm Span)|
*The value of a table is not a guaranteed performance.
*Please contact us if you have any requests regarding external dimensions and thickness.
Examples of uses
- Double-sided heat dissipation in power cards (power semiconductors) - power control units for automobiles
- Power IGBT/MOSFET discrete packaging
- Secondary cells
- Automobile air conditioning
Benefits for customers
- Higher output
- Smaller size
- Lighter weight
- Longer life
- Greater reliability